Subcontracts Summer Intern
This job is for a Subcontracts Summer Intern at STR, a technology company specializing in defense, intelligence, and national security. The intern will gain practical experience in the field of Supply Chain by supporting STR's advanced technology development programs and assisting in defining business solutions for subcontract needs. The successful candidate must be a US citizen and have a willingness to learn and contribute to organizational success.
What you'll do
- Work with different types of contract vehicles
- Gain exposure to different STR technology areas and mission/system applications
- Support supplier source selection, subcontract/purchase order placement, cost/price analysis, record keeping, negotiations, documentation preparation, subcontract/purchase order maintenance, and supplier management
- Assist in the preparation of Requests for Proposal/Quotes, analysis and evaluation of proposals, negotiation of subcontract provisions, and ‘cradle to grave’ subcontract/purchase order administration
- Gain an understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARS) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS)
- Gain insight into execution risk management
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business disciplines, Liberal Arts, or Supply Chain Management or comparable Military experience
- Due to the nature of STR’s work and U.S export regulations, the successful candidate must be a US citizen.
- Willingness to learn, ask questions, and work hard.
- A sense of duty and desire to contribute to Organizational success
- Ability to form respectful relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize tasks and prioritize assignments.
- Effective time management skills and punctuality
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize under pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
Click below to be taken to the STR hiring page.
LocationArlington, VA, United States
Contract LengthSummer 2024
CompensationThe compensation for this position is not listed.
Keywordsfederal acquisition regulations (fars) defense federal acquisition regulations (dfars)
Looking for something similar to this position from STR? Check out our positings below.