Communications Lead, DACH & CEE (Contract)
The Communications Lead, DACH & CEE, based in Berlin, will be responsible for developing and executing communications strategies across Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Central Eastern Europe. This role involves leading a team, collaborating with multiple stakeholders, and ensuring that communications activities align with global priorities and support regional business needs.
What you'll do
- Leads the DACH & CEE Communications Team, setting a Communications strategy and plan that aligns with the global and regional strategy
- Oversees the development and execution of market plans supporting Consumer Communications, Corporate and Policy Communications, and Editorial Communications
- Takes global and regional strategies and priorities and turns them into communications plans that meet local business needs
- Provides Communications strategic advice and counsel to the DACH & CEE leadership team
- Drives high standards in work across the market and ensures results are measurable
- Motivates and leads the team to originate creative communications approaches
- Responsible for ensuring effective cross functional collaboration with other departments and within the overall policy & communications department
- Responsible for maintaining a clear organizational structure for the comms team and overall team performance
- Brand building Consumer PR experience, including news generation, events, newsjacking and influencer marketing
- Corporate and / or policy comms experience, either working in a communications agency or in-house
- Fluent German and English is mandatory
- Excellent writing and strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience in media relations with an established media network
- A strong and effective people manager with proven ability to lead and develop teams effectively
- Offers deep expertise to provide strategic communications approaches to the biggest and most business critical problems and projects. Regularly creates holistic strategies and narratives for newsworthy stories
- Forward thinking, innovative and creative - proactively shares perspective at all levels of the organization
- Able to build successful relationships with senior stakeholders across the business; Has outstanding presence when dealing with executives and a strong ability to influence business decisions
- Always thinking several steps ahead to anticipate where the business is going and how comms can adapt itself to best support
- Ability to inspire and motivate team members to deliver major press moments and campaigns
- Excellent problem solver with ability to unblock the most complex situations and facilitate drama-free environments
Click below to be taken to the AirBnB hiring page.
Contract Length12 months
CompensationThe compensation for this position is not listed.
Keywordscommunications team communications strategy consumer communications corporate communications policy communications editorial communications media relations influencer marketing brand building news generation events newsjacking communications agency fluent german fluent english writing skills verbal communications interpersonal skills people management strategic communications media network senior stakeholders press moments campaigns problem solving inclusion belonging
Looking for something similar to this position from AirBnB? Check out our positings below.
$21,000 - $32,000 (per year)
Remote - United States
The Account Review Specialist (Contract) at AppLovin is responsible for reviewing and approving or rejecting account applications from publishers and app developers. They play a crucial role in maintaining the integrity and quality of the platform by evaluating apps for quality, functionality, and adherence to AppLovin's guidelines. This role requires a keen eye for detail, a solid understanding of app development and ownership, and a commitment to upholding platform standards.