Tutor (External Contractor) - Programming Fundamentals Nanodegree (Rwanda)
This job is for a Tutor (External Contractor) for the Programming Fundamentals Nanodegree in Rwanda. The tutor will provide technical support to students, facilitate community activities, and offer 1:1 support to students in need.
What you'll do
- Provide technical support for students daily over an online community forum
- Answer questions around course content over the forum and facilitate content for students who get stuck in learning
- Participate in organizing community activities in coordination with the forum’s admin to ensure a fun and engaging learning environment and to help in improving students’ progress (such as online webinars, technical quizzes, technical challenges..etc)
- Share interesting extracurricular information over its dedicated categories, such as content-related news articles and useful resources to enrich the personal and professional aspects of the community
- Attend regular online meetings/ office hours with Udacity representatives through zoom, the online forum, or other medians if needed
- Be responsive over close groups and discussions with Udacity representatives
- Provide students with 1:1 support over the community forum or using other medians if needed
- Tutors should check their private tutor’s category on the forum on a daily basis to be up to date with all the latest news from your peer tutors, community moderators, and your Udacity community manager
- English fluency is a must
- 1-2 years of working experience related to the above skillsets
- Residing in Rwanda is a plus
- Udacity Graduate is a plus
- Experience teaching technical concepts and public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to lead a group of students
- Students-oriented mindset and focus on understanding their problems
- Innovative approach and proactivity with students that need help
- Positive character, trusted by the students, creating emotional ties in the group
- Existing tech network and experience in technical conversations & discussions
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge as a part-time, external contractor
Click below to be taken to the Udacity hiring page.
CompensationThe compensation for this position is not listed.
Looking for something similar to this position from Udacity? Check out our positings below.
This job is for a Tutor (External Contractor) in the Programming Fundamentals Nanodegree in Africa. The tutor will provide technical support to students, facilitate community activities, and offer 1:1 support to students who need help.
Remote - United States
This job is for a Senior Frontend Engineer at Reddit Chat on a contract basis. The role involves building new features and products into the Reddit web app using modern frontend tools, collaborating with product, design, and engineering teams, and participating in the full development cycle.
This job is for a Session Lead (External Contractor) who will be working as a React Developer Nanodegree instructor. The Session Lead will be responsible for providing technical support to students, conducting virtual sessions, answering questions, and monitoring student progress. Fluency in English and Arabic, as well as proficiency in React and other related technologies, are required qualifications for this role.
2 months ago
This job is for a Tutor (External Contractor) for the Programming Fundamentals Nanodegree in Zimbabwe. The tutor will provide technical support to students, facilitate community activities, and offer 1:1 support to students who need help.