Software Engineer - Mobile App Backend (Student Contract)
This job is for a Software Engineer - Mobile App Backend on a student contract. The role involves building and maintaining features for Tripadvisor's Flagship iOS and Android apps, with a focus on delivering high-quality, scalable features to millions of travelers worldwide. The ideal candidate should have strong technical skills, experience with microservices, and a passion for improving the user experience.
What you'll do
- Deliver high-quality, scalable features to millions of travelers across many countries and languages.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to iterate on new features.
- Practice, uphold, and promote high quality and reliability standards, respect clean code principles, implement unit and integration tests.
- Develop services that drive our iOS and Android apps across our business lines (hotels, experiences, restaurants, etc.)
- 0-3 years of professional experience
- Current enrollment in a degree program in Croatia studying Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience developing microservices, preferably at scale
- Java experience or familiarity with a JVM-based language and the ability to ramp up on Java quickly
- Passion for building scalable software and improving the user experience
- Product mindset
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of container services such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with public cloud providers, such as AWS or GCP
- A sense of ownership, urgency, and pride in your work
- Domain experience supporting iOS or Android apps
- Experience with server driven UIs
- Working knowledge of AWS
Click below to be taken to the Tripadvisor hiring page.
Contract LengthStudent Contract
CompensationThe compensation for this position is not listed.
Keywordsjava microservices docker kubernetes aws gcp
Looking for something similar to this position from Tripadvisor? Check out our positings below.
This job is for a Graduate Back End Developer (Java) on the Mobile App Back End team at Tripadvisor. The role involves building and maintaining features for the Flagship iOS and Android apps, collaborating with designers and product managers, and developing services that drive the apps across various business lines.
This job is for a Cloud Technical Writer on a contract basis. The role involves working with technical and non-technical teams to meet documentation needs, researching product features, and producing technically accurate documentation valued by users.
$73 - $90 (per hour)
Truveta is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for their Platform Engineering team on a contract basis. The role involves building a self-service platform that enables engineers to develop and operate high-quality services efficiently, covering all aspects of service delivery. The ideal candidate should have experience in cloud-native platforms, modern software design approaches, and possess excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
This job is for a Graduate Software Engineer (back end) position on the Mobile App Product Engineering team at Tripadvisor. The role involves building and maintaining features in the Flagship iOS and Android apps, collaborating with designers and product managers, and developing services that drive the apps across various business lines. The ideal candidate should have strong computer science fundamentals, experience with microservices, and a passion for building scalable software.