Senior Customer Insights Analyst - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The job is for a Senior Customer Insights Analyst on a 12-month fixed-term contract at Tripadvisor's Viator division. The role involves using quantitative and qualitative data to understand customer pain points and operational efficiencies, providing insights and analytical support to stakeholders, and leading analysis for the Operations group to improve product and process performance.
What you'll do
- Lead analysis for the Operations group, focused on developing the capability to translate data into actionable insights that will improve product and process performance.
- Provide timely insights and analytical support to different internal stakeholders to support effective business decision-making.
- Create new qualitative coding frameworks and lead model building in new areas.
- Proactively seek out opportunities hidden in our or industry data. Articulate your findings into suggested actions for Operations, our product and/or other teams.
- Be the go to person for Operational insights, be closer to the data that anyone else in the company.
- Be a leader within the team, ensuring the best approaches, coaching, developing junior members of the team, to deliver the highest standards and capability.
- Develop exceptional relationships with stakeholders and within the team to ensure all work streams and projects are delivered to the strategic needs and objectives.
- Experience : 7+ years' experience in an analytical role (ideal backgrounds include: a similar Analyst role at a web company ideally with experience working on Operational Analytics, a data-based consulting role, or other data strategy type positions)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in an analytical field (math, economics, engineering, statistics, etc.), Master’s Degree a plus.
- Proactive not reactive, with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced SQL: You are comfortable with intermediate SQL: CASE, UNION, subqueries, windows functions. You must be able to read others' code and be able to provide feedback for making the query quality better (know best practices).
- Fluent with excel functions (LOOKUP, SUMPRODUCT, INDEX/MATCH), able to use MACRO is a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Tableau/visualization tool required. Must be able to design and build robust, error-free visualizations quickly. Able to lead the discussion around how a given analysis should be visualized.
- Confident with learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies
- Python knowledge preferred but not a prerequisite
- Ability to work with large dataset and summarize findings in a clear format
- Lead innovation within the team. Create opportunities for bringing in new knowledge, such as reading groups, conferences, and other training.
- Ability to take in loose requirements, work independently, ask smart questions, and produce high quality actionable insights
- Ability to run an analytics project independently. Able to break down complex business questions into small pieces and build overarching framework. Effectively gather relevant information from stakeholders, run data exploration, seek feedback and deliver insights
- Proactively schedule stakeholder check-ins for analysis updates. Strong relationship with a number of key business stakeholders. Influential role in a variety of projects and initiatives. Able to provide valuable advice and ask important questions in meetings. Communicates effectively while being open-minded and respectful towards others.
- Rely heavily on planning ahead for projects and quarterly roadmaps. Require team members to plan their tasks and follow timelines. Closely aligned with business objectives and able to prioritize the most valuable projects.
- Succinct and to the point when sharing information, but always able to provide additional details when needed. Understand and focus on the key components that need to be communicated to each audience. Track and able to easily retrieve information on current and past projects.
- Drive the agenda, ensuring high priorities are delivered, working with and managing stakeholder's expectation and push back on requests when appropriate. Set clear responsibility boundaries. Communicate project updates and obstacles effectively and recommend alternative solution. Align analytics roadmap with stakeholders' initiatives to ensure transparency
- Excellent team management skills, a leader of team culture, and an expert in managing all situations that may arise in relation to the team. Strong ability to manage and mentor senior direct reports and more junior analysts to enable them to successfully deliver in their analytics areas.
- Excellent communicator, on project status, progress and outcome. Leverage senior management to help achieve business goals and deliver impactful business outcomes. Influence on business strategies using the best domain knowledge. Ensuring projects are well managed, prioritised and stakeholders are fully up to speed on progress.
- Sets priorities effectively; when you re-prioritize the roadmap, make sure stakeholders understand the rational and be on the same page. Keep proactive communication and push back on bad requests when necessary
- 7+ years in an analytical role with experience in an international matrix environment, ideally at a fast paced e-commerce company.
- Hybrid Working: 2 days a week required in the Oxford office.
- Top performer with a proven track record of success.
- A healthy passion for data and its ability to tell a story.
- Statistical mind-set with experience in testing methodology.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to turn large data sets into well-articulated arguments for change.
- You live in Excel, a SQL client, Tableau and a few other useful tools of the data trade; knowledge of Python an advantage.
- Proficiency in English in order to be able to work with qualitative as well as quantitative data.
- Proactive not reactive, with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take in loose requirements, ask smart questions, and produce high quality actionable insights.
- Confident with learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- Ability to work at all levels including senior management; and across multiple functions/departments.
Click below to be taken to the Tripadvisor hiring page.
LocationOxford, United Kingdom
Contract Length12 Month
CompensationThe compensation for this position is not listed.
Keywordssql tableau excel python
Looking for something similar to this position from Tripadvisor? Check out our positings below.
4 days ago
Bilingual Mentors proficient in Arabic and English are sought as independent contractors for a Computing Fundamentals role at Udacity, providing technical support to students and reviewing project submissions.
4 days ago
Remote - Spain
This contract role at Reddit involves leading content curation operations in Spain, focusing on engaging Redditors through strategic content programming decisions, trend analysis, and community management.
4 days ago
Remote - Philippines
This contract role as a Content Lead at Reddit focuses on deepening Reddit's global presence by curating and managing content for users in the Philippines, leveraging local trends and data to enhance user experiences and engagement on the platform.
4 days ago
Remote - Italy
Lead the content strategy for Italy users on Reddit, focusing on operational curation and community engagement to deepen Reddit's global presence and enhance user experiences.