Senior Data Scientist - Algorithms, Payments (9 Month Contract)
This job is for a Senior Data Scientist in the Payments organization at Airbnb. The role involves collaborating with a team to develop statistical insights and data products that will drive improvements to the platform, with a focus on algorithms and fraud detection in the payments domain.
What you'll do
- Identify high impact business opportunities through data exploration and model prototyping, translate business problems into scientific formulations.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional partners including software engineers, product managers, operations and research, to refine requirements for machine learning models, drive scientific decisions, and quantify impact.
- Hands-on develop, productionize, and operate machine learning models and pipelines at scale, including both batch and real-time use cases, structured and unstructured data.
- Build reusable, high-performing, scalable machine learning models with internal paved path tooling, incorporating third-party information and state-of-the-art innovations.
- Regularly present work internally at monthly meetings to technical, engineering and product stakeholders to iterate and generate excitement on roadmap progress.
- Publish externally and engage with the scientific community to advance Airbnb’s standing.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field. PhD is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant industry and/or academic experience developing scientific frameworks, building machine learning models, and implementing advanced experimentation techniques.
- Strong fluency in Python and familiarity with modern frameworks (e.g. Pytorch, Tensorflow) for hands-on IC work and advanced data analysis in SQL at scale.
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings (e.g. classification, clustering, optimization, deep neural networks and natural language processing). Ability to develop, validate, and deploy new model applications as well as enhancing existing algorithms to achieve improved performance and model explainability.
- Comfortable collaborating with software engineers to understand complex systems and abstracted logs.
- Proven ability to create and drive technical and impactful roadmaps for the business, and lead seamless execution of it.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels.
- Prior experience working in Payments, Risk/Fraud, or a related area is a plus.
- Experience with advanced experimentation techniques is a plus.
- Experience productionizing real-time machine learning models is a plus.
Looking for something similar to this position from AirBnB? Check out our positings below.
4 days ago
Bilingual Mentors proficient in Arabic and English are sought as independent contractors for a Computing Fundamentals role at Udacity, providing technical support to students and reviewing project submissions.
4 days ago
Remote - Spain
This contract role at Reddit involves leading content curation operations in Spain, focusing on engaging Redditors through strategic content programming decisions, trend analysis, and community management.
4 days ago
Remote - Philippines
This contract role as a Content Lead at Reddit focuses on deepening Reddit's global presence by curating and managing content for users in the Philippines, leveraging local trends and data to enhance user experiences and engagement on the platform.
4 days ago
Remote - Italy
Lead the content strategy for Italy users on Reddit, focusing on operational curation and community engagement to deepen Reddit's global presence and enhance user experiences.