Technical Writer (Contract)
PlayStation GlobalContract Position
This job is for a Technical Writer (Contract) position at Sony Interactive Entertainment in Adelaide, South Australia. The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating and organizing technical documents, manuals, and knowledge base of processes, collaborating with global teams, and ensuring accuracy and consistency of documentation.
What you'll do
- Assist with the organization, upkeep and creation of internal technical documentation
- Organize existing documentation
- Collaborate with key stakeholders
- Translate or revise detailed documentation into consistent and easy-to-understand 'how-to' styles
- Provide proactive guidance and support to engineers
- Draw and maintain relevant diagrams
- Review and maintain various document and presentation templates
- BS/BA in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, or equivalent preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a Technical Writing or related role, in addition to an IT, network, software development or related field.
- Strong general technical skills.
- Experienced with using Atlassian Confluence and Jira.
- Familiarity with GitHub/GitLab.
- Comfortable with using and documenting terminal commands in Unix-like operating systems, software code in code repositories like GitHub and GitLab, and network infrastructure configuration.
- Working knowledge or general technical understanding of Internet networks, Data Centers and related networks and systems server infrastructure.
- Familiarity or experience in graphical design, using applications such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Meticulous, with a sharp eye for grammatical errors and ambiguities.
- High competency with written and spoken English.
- Effective communicator and outstanding facilitator for collaborative sessions and stakeholder meetings.
- Curious, eager to learn, and not afraid to ask questions.
- Proficient in taking and organizing notes; ready to answer questions on-demand.
- Experience working alongside global operations teams across different time-zones and countries.
- Familiarity and/or competency in languages other than English, such as German and Japanese.
- Professional experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
- Experience in designing visual assets such as workflow charts, diagrams, banners, images and presentations.
Click below to be taken to the PlayStation Global hiring page.
Contract LengthContract duration: On site
CompensationThe compensation for this position is not listed.
Keywordsatlassian confluence jira github/gitlab unix-like operating systems adobe photoshop adobe illustrator
Looking for something similar to this position from PlayStation Global? Check out our positings below.
15 days ago
$35 - $45 (per hour)
Los Angeles, CA
This job is for a Content Operations Specialist on a contract basis at Twitch. The role involves reviewing, prioritizing, and scheduling content programs, as well as writing and editing code to curate streams and applying categorization/taxonomies to optimize collections of content.
28 days ago
$65 - $85 (per hour)
Remote: United States
This job is for a Presentation Designer in the B2B Tech industry. The designer will be responsible for creating visually compelling presentations that tell the brand and product stories of Neo4j, a leader in Graph Database & Analytics.
30 days ago
San Francisco Bay Area (Remote)
This job is for a remote on-call video editor who will collaborate with the production team at Udacity to create high-quality videos for their online learning platform. The editor must have experience in Adobe Premiere, Adobe Illustrator, and After Effects, as well as strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
30 days ago
Remote North America
This job is for a Technical Writer (Contract) at MongoDB. The role involves working with technical and non-technical teams to meet the documentation needs of readers, researching product features, and producing technically accurate documentation. Candidates should have experience helping engineers understand product concepts, be critical readers and excellent writers, and have experience with software management tools and reading application code.