Quantitative Researcher Part-Time/Off-Cycle Intern - Hong Kong
This job is for a part-time/off-cycle intern to join a Quantitative Research team in Hong Kong. The intern will work on various research projects, including designing predictive signals and enhancing algorithms for prediction, trade execution, portfolio construction, and risk management. They will have the opportunity to contribute to all aspects of running a successful quantitative trading business and help it grow and diversify.
What you'll do
- Furthering alpha research
- Understanding the economics of a fundamental domain
- Gathering insights from alternative data offerings
- Identifying differentiating factors
- Designing novel predictive signals
- Backtesting and validating hypotheses
- Collaborating with senior team members
- Networking and socializing with peers
- Communicating research ideas clearly and succinctly
- Problem-solving with real-world datasets
- Working on 3-6 month projects
- Possessing excellent programming skills
- Having strong knowledge of probability and statistics
- Paying attention to detail
- A Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative or technical field such as statistics, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or computer science (ideally with one year left in your academic program)
- Excellent programming skills in languages such as Python or SQL
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics (e.g., machine learning, time-series analysis and forecasting, pattern recognition, NLP)
- The ability to communicate research ideas clearly and succinctly
- Creative problem-solving skills and experience working with real-world datasets
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work part-time or full-time on 3-6 month projects
- Previous financial industry experience although it is not required
Looking for something similar to this position from Schonfeld? Check out our positings below.
15 days ago
$35 - $45 (per hour)
Los Angeles, CA
This job is for a Content Operations Specialist on a contract basis at Twitch. The role involves reviewing, prioritizing, and scheduling content programs, as well as writing and editing code to curate streams and applying categorization/taxonomies to optimize collections of content.
16 days ago
$73 - $90 (per hour)
This job is for a Senior Software Engineer in MLOps on a contract basis. The role involves working with a talented team to build a leading platform for medical research using machine learning algorithms on a large clinical data set. The engineer will collaborate with the AI research team, design ML infrastructure, optimize performance, and work with complex data types.
23 days ago
$34 - $38 (per hour)
United States - Remote
The Trust & Safety Analyst, Law Enforcement Response (Contract) position at Instacart involves fielding inquiries from law enforcement regarding user data disclosure policies, conducting investigations, drafting responses to legal requests, and supporting team members with program management tasks. The role requires excellent writing skills, the ability to communicate complex policy and legal issues, and familiarity with legal language and the criminal justice system. The position is a 6-month contract, paid hourly.
25 days ago
Remote - Mexico
This job is for a Senior Backend Engineer at Reddit, where the candidate will work on the highest impact project in a team of brilliant engineers. They will be responsible for moving fast while delivering a quality product, contributing to team strategy, and communicating effectively with product managers and designers to craft compelling user experiences.