Data Engineer Independent Contractor (6 months)
The job is for a Data Engineer Independent Contractor for a 6-month project. The goal of the project is to improve the data infrastructure and analytics capabilities of the company. The Data Engineer will collaborate with a team of data analysts and various teams across the studio to enhance data accessibility and usability, implement data quality checks and monitoring mechanisms, evaluate technologies and tools, and provide recommendations for improvements. After six months, the desired outcomes include reliable and efficient data pipelines, optimized data processes, and a plan for the next 6 months. Qualifications for the role include a solid understanding of databases, SQL, experience with cloud-based databases like BigQuery, proficiency in Python, and familiarity with data pipeline frameworks like Dagster or Apache Airflow.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with a team of data analysts and various teams across the studio to improve the accessibility and usability of our data
- Implement data quality checks and monitoring mechanisms to ensure the reliability of our data
- Explore and evaluate technologies and tools to improve the whole data infrastructure
- Audit our current stack & pipeline from a value creation perspective and efficiency
- Provide recommendations on highest priority improvements with expected outcome as well as effort associated with it
- Design, implement, and deploy improvements
- Train/coach/support our team
- Solid understanding of database concepts, SQL, and experience with BigQuery or similar cloud based databases.
- Proficiency in Python for data engineering tasks, including data manipulation, ELT processes, and pipeline development.
- Experience with data pipeline frameworks like Dagster or Apache Airflow is a plus.
- Ability to take ownership of the project, work independently and collaborate closely with multiple teams.
Click below to be taken to the athinkingape hiring page.
Contract Length6 months
CompensationThe compensation for this position is not listed.
Keywordsbigquery python dagster apache airflow
Looking for something similar to this position from athinkingape? Check out our positings below.
15 days ago
$35 - $45 (per hour)
Los Angeles, CA
This job is for a Content Operations Specialist on a contract basis at Twitch. The role involves reviewing, prioritizing, and scheduling content programs, as well as writing and editing code to curate streams and applying categorization/taxonomies to optimize collections of content.
16 days ago
$73 - $90 (per hour)
This job is for a Senior Software Engineer in MLOps on a contract basis. The role involves working with a talented team to build a leading platform for medical research using machine learning algorithms on a large clinical data set. The engineer will collaborate with the AI research team, design ML infrastructure, optimize performance, and work with complex data types.
25 days ago
Remote - Mexico
This job is for a Senior Backend Engineer at Reddit, where the candidate will work on the highest impact project in a team of brilliant engineers. They will be responsible for moving fast while delivering a quality product, contributing to team strategy, and communicating effectively with product managers and designers to craft compelling user experiences.
30 days ago
United States, Remote
As a Data Engineer on the Future Technology Data Engineering team at Sony Interactive Entertainment, you will play a key role in designing and developing server-side applications for shaping, managing, and transforming data on a large geographically distributed infrastructure. You will contribute to improving the value of the data platform, empowering data-driven decisions across the organization, and working with the latest innovative technology.