Field Technician - Los Angeles, CA, United States (flex hours/contract role)
Field Technicians at Instacart work with Caper Carts to diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues, providing valuable feedback on the state of the technology in the field. They collaborate with teammates and contribute to building the future of grocery. This is a flexible, part-time contract role with competitive compensation and benefits.
What you'll do
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software related issues
- Work with tickets submitted via Support Portal
- Provide feedback on the state of hardware and software
- Collaborate with teammates to contribute feedback, ideas, and processes
- Communicate with clients and represent the company professionally
- Capture clear notes and media to document understanding and resolution processes
- Requires availability Monday through Friday
- Work independently in the field with limited supervision
- Troubleshoot and find creative solutions to simple and complex problems
- Handle wires, electronic circuits, computers, and other devices
- Setup Wi-Fi devices
- Comfortable working with various software and troubleshooting tools
- Ability to travel out-of-state for training purposes
- Must have a vehicle and clean driving record
- Competitive salary including a monthly retainer
- Flexible schedule
- Part-Time contract position (1099)
- 1+ years of experience in technical support, mechanical engineering, hardware maintenance or related fields in a corporation or in a startup environment
- Great troubleshooting skills to look beyond the task at hand and find creative solutions to simple and complex problems
- Experience at handling wires, electronic circuits, computers and other devices and high-tech devices such as copiers, printers, POS systems; Basic knowledge of electrical engineering/wiring
- Basic network knowledge in setup of Wi-Fi devices
- Comfortable working with Windows, Android, Gmail, Google Drive, Excel, Slack, and troubleshooting tools and apps
- Ability travel-out-of-state for training purposes
- Must have a vehicle and clean driving record.
Click below to be taken to the Instacart hiring page.
LocationLos Angeles, CA, United States
CompensationThe compensation for this position is not listed.
Keywordscaper carts support portal hardware software caper deep learning computer vision smart shopping carts cashierless capabilities retail automation technology hardware and operations teams new features improvements clients wonderful team incident tickets new technology verbal and written communication skills customer and team interactions documentation technical support mechanical engineering hardware maintenance troubleshooting skills electrical engineering network knowledge windows android gmail google drive excel slack training vehicle clean driving record competitive salary flexible schedule part-time contract position
Looking for something similar to this position from Instacart? Check out our positings below.
4 days ago
Cary,North Carolina,United States
The job is for a Development Coordinator (Contract) at Epic Games. The role involves supporting Fortnite's operational processes, including coordinating datamine, review, and clearance processes, as well as providing administrative support to the Production team. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and experience with JIRA are desired qualifications for the position.
18 days ago
$32 - $42 (per hour)
San Francisco, CA
The job is for an Executive Business Partner (Contract) at Twitch, the world's biggest live streaming service. The role involves providing support and collaboration to the VP, Central Data & Research and the Chief Design Officer, managing complex calendaring and events, handling expense reporting, and coordinating various projects.
19 days ago
$54,000 - $69,000 (per year)
This job is a Senior IT Helpdesk Support role based in Berlin, offering a hybrid work arrangement with 3-4 days in the office and 1-2 days working remotely. The role involves providing support to Mozillians, resolving escalated issues, administering SaaS applications, driving process improvement, and managing user accounts. The ideal candidate should have experience supporting Windows and Mac in an enterprise environment, proficiency in SaaS support, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
19 days ago
This job is for a Senior IT Helpdesk Support position based in Berlin, offering a hybrid work arrangement with 3-4 days in the office and 1-2 days remote. The role involves providing support to Mozillians, resolving escalated issues, administering SaaS applications, driving process improvement, and managing user accounts. Strong skills in Windows and Mac support, SaaS support, problem-solving, and communication are required.