Associate Director, Art/Design
A full-time, ongoing job with Morning BrewApply Now
- Morning Brew
- 4 months, 1 week ago
- Full Time
- Additional Info
- Remote Position
- Job Posting is in English
Looking for a side quest?Apply Now
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew is looking for a creative, collaborative, and awesome Art Director to lead a team of cross-discipline designers supporting the Creative Studio in pre and post sale Branded Content projects. You will work closely with strategists, writers, creatives, and producers to tell dynamic visual stories for our brand partners, through the lens of Morning Brew. You should think user-first, have a bold design perspective, understand the diverse media and branded content landscape, and always look for the best approach to tell a story. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, work well giving and receiving critical feedback, and understand the media and branded content landscape. This role sits in the Creative Studio and reports to the Director of Branded Content.
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all design aspects of the Creative Studio and collaborate with the editorial and product design teams to create and maintain consistent visual identity for Morning Brew.
- Manage and mentor a team including Graphic Designers, UX/UI designer, and Motion Graphics designer.
- Collaborate with the Creative Strategy & Branded Content teams to ideate unique and visually compelling content solutions that align with the Morning Brew voice and client objectives.
- Provide clear and beautifully designed presentation templates, mocks, and custom presentations.
- Develop the visual identity of projects in pre-sale including moodboards and style guides and be able to clearly communicate it in written and verbal form, including client meetings
- Oversee art direction for still, video, social, and event content programs.
- Engage and manage freelance contributors when needed
- Manage deadlines for all pre and post-sale campaigns and work with Project Management through every step of the process.
- Create and maintain Branded Content style guides together with the Morning Brew editorial and product design teams
- Foster relationships across teams and departments
What makes you qualified:
- 6+ years experience working at a publisher or agency
- Experience with branded content across all visual mediums
- Minimum 2 years Management experience including graphic designers, motion graphics artists, and ux/ui designers
- Expertise in brainstorming and collaboration
- Ability to communicate complex design concepts in easy to understand verbal and written formats
- A proactive, solution-orientated outlook
- Extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Google Suite and the ability to art direct and oversee motion design from storyboard to final deliverables
More Freelance, Ongoing Jobs
Video Editor (Freelance/Intern)
- Remote Position
- 2 days, 8 hours ago
- 2 months ago