(PDNS03_22 - Netherlands / Germany / Italy / Spain / France / Finland )The job in a nutshell
We are the PowerDNS team and we are looking for a new team member to enrich our team on a full or part time basis. Having very flexible working hours and places which can be discussed and adapted according to your needs, we are currently looking for an experienced developer with a particular affinity for C++.
The Open-Source DNS solutions (Recursor, DNSdist & Authoritative Server) we build and maintain are all C++-based, and as a Software Developer for PowerDNS you will use your knowledge and experience with C++ and DNS to contribute to these solutions. The PowerDNS main office is in The Hague, but you are free to work from home in The Netherlands or one of the other European countries where Open-Xchange has entities. The job in bullet points
- Contribute to the development of PowerDNS Recursor, DNSdist and PowerDNS Authoritative Server.
- Design and implement smart solutions to consistency and distribution problems
- Not doing anything twice by automating everything
- Support our Sales Engineering and Support teams with technical questions or issues from customers
- Continuously improve yourself and the products by investigating alternatives and technologies
Our offer to you
- Software development experience using C++ (Lua, Golang, or Python are a plus)
- Ability to cooperatively establish requirements, design and implement complex systems
- Knowledge of and experience with networking protocols like TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, and especially DNS
- Affinity with CI/CD workflows and tooling
- Troubleshooting skills that go from code to systems to network and everything in between
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Who we are
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Flexible hours that match well with combining responsibilities of home and family with work
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- A culture of open and frequent feedback
- Workshops and Team events
- Continuous personal development & training
- A company pension scheme
- Language courses (e.g. German, English)
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
- Further country related benefits (e.g. company sports)
We are a hidden champion. When it comes to open source communication, office productivity and DNS-based security software and services, we are one of the leading players out there. Our 250+ employees around the globe are the reason, why our key products – OX Cloud, Dovecot, and PowerDNS – are used by more than 200 million people for their private and business communications via partners such as Deutsche Telekom, GoDaddy, Strato, Orange, Comcast, or web.com.
For further questions, please contact Kerstin Florath via email@example.com.