Software Developer, Distributed Systems (Helsinki)
A part-time, ongoing job with RELEXApply Now
- 5 months ago
- Part Time
- Additional Info
- Remote Position
- Job Posting is in English
Looking for a side quest?Apply Now
We are now looking for a full-time Software Developer to join our RELEX family in Helsinki. You’ll join a development team of about five people, working on the distributed architecture of our software. Together the team designs and implements many of the distributed components of our biggest product, a demand forecasting and automated replenishment tool, that is being used by large-scale retailers all around the world.
What you’ll be doing:
As a software developer in the team you will be working on the horizontal scaling of our in-house database and calculation logic. To achieve this we are, for example, using gRPC framework for communication between nodes; developing our cluster control and balancing structure on top of Apache Helix, Apache Zookeeper and a S3 compatible object storage; and linking all pieces together using Linkerd service mesh. Most common languages we use are Java and Scala. For this role we consider both experienced distributed system veterans as well as aspiring distributed system developers.
As a software developer and part of our team, you will:
- Work on developing the RELEX platform for horizontal scalability and high availability
- Develop tools and features for error resilience, configurability and maintainability
- Help identify performance bottlenecks and work on improving the architecture further
- Design and write integration tests as well as develop our test platforms
- Do code reviews
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You have work experience with Java and/or Scala
- You are at least familiar with distributed systems as a concept
- You are a self-starter and with a can-do attitude
- You are eager to both learn new things and to teach others
- You have excellent English communication skills
What we consider as an advantage:
- Experience in building distributed systems
- Experience in deploying software to Kubernetes
- Other DevOps like experience like Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD pipeline development etc.
- Experience in investigating performance bottlenecks
- Hands on experience in any of the following technologies: Apache Zookeeper, Apache Helix, Asynchronous Programming, Docker, Linkerd, Finagle or gRPC
Our Promise to you:
- We value your work-life balance: enjoy flexible working hours and holidays, and choose between remote, office, and hybrid work.
- We take care of your mental and physical well-being: we have lunch, sports & culture, and bike benefits, a gym at the Helsinki office, and we organize sports events, have extended occupational health care with extra health insurance, as well as mental healthcare tools and services for your use.
- We support families and diverse life situations: we know there are times when you need extra flexibility, such as time-off or childcare for a sick child, a paid day off for your kid’s school start, or part-time working arrangements.
- We respect your expertise and provide a community that supports you: we’re a diverse team of smart, motivated, and fun people who work together for a common goal – humbly dominate the retail world. We live by the RELEX values and occasionally get together to celebrate team days and company-wide summer parties, because after all, Life is supposed to be fun.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 28th of February. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, Heini Matero (heini.matero [a] relexsolutions.com) from our recruitment team is happy to answer them. Kindly note that we cannot process any applications through email.
Due to the severity of COVID-19, we’ve moved to a remote working mode. Restrictions being in place, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on the country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including S Group, Musti ja Mirri, WHSmith, Coop, and Yliopiston Apteekki, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.
More Part Time, Ongoing Jobs
Data Acquisition Engineer / Developer, TXODDS
- 1 week, 3 days ago
- Part Time
Need Help Fixing Existing Meteor Site
- Remote Position
- 2 weeks ago
- Part Time