R&D Full Stack Software Engineer (Experienced)
A part-time, ongoing job with Sandia National LaboratoriesApply Now
- Sandia National Laboratories
- 2 months, 2 weeks ago
- Part Time
- Additional Info
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
- Job Posting is in English
Looking for a side quest?Apply Now
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
Sandia demonstrates its commitment to public safety in the national interest by requiring that all new hires be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious accommodation before commencing employment. The requirement also applies to those who are telecommuting and working virtually.
Any concerns about the ability to meet this requirement should be directed to HR Solutions at (505) 284-4700.
What Your Job Will Be Like
Are you passionate about your work and dream of exploring innovative solutions?
The Data Engineering and Analytics Department is looking for qualified Research and Development Computer Science candidates interested in collaborating within a high performing team on next generation technologies to provide solutions to Nuclear Deterrence Data Strategy (NDDS) applications. The development team engineers and delivers technology solutions across the broad spectrum of ND mission data. These solutions are implemented in a variety of development languages and span interfaces through high-level applications and “systems-of-systems”. Successful applicants will have opportunities to participate in front-end, back-end, database, UI/UX, testing, and architecture roles in an agile software development environment. Applicants will also have opportunities to propose and participate in internal research and development efforts.
Qualifications We Require
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field plus 2 year of experience and a bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM); or bachelor's in Computer Science or related subject area with 6 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Software design, development, testing, delivery, and support experience in object oriented languages such as Java, C#, C++.
- Experience using software revision control tools such as CVS, GIT, etc. in a configuration-controlled software development environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOE Q security clearance.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience developing software using Angular, NgRx, and Redux.
- An understanding of commonly used data structures and algorithms for software development such as; queues, linked lists, tree structures, graph traversal, runtime analysis, hashing, and others.
- An understanding of software design and architecture, including use of common UML artifacts and diagrams.
- Proficiency in additional languages such as Python, Perl, Scala, Clojure, Objective-C, etc.
- Experience performing verification and validation at both the component/subsystem and system level.
- Experience with agile testing methodologies and agile software development through Scrum, Kanban, or other processes including XP, test driven development, continuous integration, etc.
- Ability to utilize debugging tools, static analysis tools, test harnesses, and other capabilities to troubleshoot and fix complex software applications and libraries.
- Experience designing and implementing SQL and/or NoSQL databases as well as an understanding and experience with query languages and data mining tools for database interaction and multi-source data integration.
- Experience designing and implementing Graph databases.
- An understanding of client/server, web-based, and server-side computing architectures focusing on metadata mining concepts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team setting for a common purpose.
About Our Team
The Data Engineering and Analytics department innovates technical solutions to nuclear deterrence and associated needs through the architecture, engineering, and development of complex software and data systems as well as the exploration and application of data modeling techniques to unique nuclear deterrence data.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
- These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start, or equivalent active security clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD). Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
More Part Time, Ongoing Jobs
Revenue Operations Launch Manager
- Startup Company
- Remote Position
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
- 2 days, 7 hours ago
- Full Time
- 6+ Months
Senior or Staff Frontend Engineer - React
- Remote Position
- Parental Leave Offered
- 2 days, 11 hours ago
- Part Time