3 weeks, 3 days ago
Job Posting is in English
Scalable Path is looking for a Lead Full-Stack WordPress Developer to work on a client project. This is a part-time position (approximately 4 hours/day).
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is small to medium-sized agency with an in-house design team who is working more and more in the website space and looking to supplement their existing development partnerships by identifying potential freelancers who are vetted and trusted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The client is an agency and is designing a new WordPress website for their client in the investment management space. They are looking for a lead developer to help them meet a tight deadline of December 3rd. The website will be mostly a static marketing/informational site. Design files will be provided in Adobe XD format.
Key Features of the website:
- ~15 unique page templates and (perhaps ~25 pages total)
- Email capture for lead generation
- Video embedded on the homepage (and perhaps on other pages)
- Website will have global versions (WordPress multi-site), will need translations (the client is determining if Google Translate plugin will suffice)
- Fund information will need to be automatically integrated (the client is determining whether API exists, or will need to be built from scratch)
- There’s a calculator on the existing website that may need to be included (it was also built in WordPress, so might be transferable to new site)
- Gated content
- Mobile friendly (responsive)
- Newsletter signup (via CRM database Creatio)
- Facilitate outsourcing of majority of HTML/CSS development to affordable 3rd party company
- Assemble outsourced HTML/CSS into cohesive, polished and fully-functional Wordpress site
- Work directly with the client to understand goals and advise on implementation strategy
- Update content on static pages when final copy is received
- Set up limited CMS for certain types of pages in WordPress (most content will be static for launch)
- Setup WordPress hosting (such as WPEngine) for staging and production environments
- Experience building and deploying WordPress sites from scratch
- Ability to manage client expectations and deadlines
- Ability to manage a 3rd party development company who will build majority of HTML and CSS
- Experience setting up and managing WordPress hosting
- October 1: Client to deliver mockups, wireframes, requirements doc, etc.
- October 4: Development begins
- End Oct. – Early Nov.: Content delivered to developer
- November 30: Staging website to be sent to end client for final signoff
- December 3: Website launched (non-negotiable, must hit deadline)
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be working with a project manager and designer at the client agency, and working with a 3rd party development company to get HTML/CSS produced quickly and affordably. The client is in the America/Denver (-06:00) MDT time zone.
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION: 1-3 months
The project will start in early October and has a "must have" hard launch date of December 3rd. It is possible that the engagement will continue on past the launch for adding new features and maintenance.