Senior Django/Python Back End Developer - Virtual, Stroz Friedberg/Aon Cyber Solutions
A full-time, ongoing job with Stroz Friedberg/Aon Cyber SolutionsApply Now
- Stroz Friedberg/Aon Cyber Solutions
- 2 months, 2 weeks ago
- Full Time
- Additional Info
- Remote Position
- Job Posting is in English
Looking for a side quest?Apply Now
Senior Django Developer – Virtual
Aon Cyber Solutions is looking for a Senior Django developer to join our DFIR software products team; this is a fully remote role located in the U.S. (even post-pandemic)!
Aon Cyber Solutions helps clients manage their cybersecurity risk. We advise them on vulnerabilities, help with mitigation, and respond when they’re attacked. Our Solutions Development team builds new software products for clients and colleagues in support of this mission. Team members have made significant contributions to popular tools like The Sleuthkit, EnCase, X1, osquery, bulk_extractor, and others. You can view our own open-source repositories at http://www.github.com/strozfriedberg/.
About the role
You will work on our industry-leading digital forensics software tools team and build new web applications around our back-end forensic data processing platform. Our colleagues in Aon’s world-class Cyber Solutions (Stroz Friedberg) DFIR consulting practice will use your tools to handle digital forensics and incident response cases that no one else can. Your applications will manage sophisticated cybersecurity investigations, drive business results for the firm, and advance the state of the art in this exciting field.
We’re looking for a developer who loves to code, constantly thinks of new problems to solve, and enjoys working on an impactful team.
- You’re a collaborative team member.
- You’re committed to making users’ lives better.
- You’re a strong programmer and comfortable with data modeling and user interface design.
- You’re meticulous with tests, readability, and web application security.
- You’re always learning new skills and technologies.
- 5+ years of experience with Python and Django.
- Strong proficiency with relational databases.
- Solid experience with software development tools and practices, including version control, automated testing, build systems, code review, DevOps & CI/CD, and performance optimization.
- Comfort with agile development and remote teamwork.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics, or commensurate experience.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication.
- Experience shipping modern web applications.
- Ability to craft APIs with GraphQL, Graphene, JWT.
- Experience with web integration test technologies like Selenium and Cypress.
- SQLAlchemy, Postgresql, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch/OpenSearch, S3.
- AWS technologies, especially IAM, API Gateway, Fargate, SQS, Lambda, Aurora.
- Unicode, encodings, i18n, time zones, DST adjustment.
- DevOps technologies, like Docker, Nix, Terraform, and AWS CDK.
- Django auth with identity providers, OIDC/SAML/OAuth.
- Jupyter notebook, Pandas, Scipy, Seaborn, Altair, Bokeh, Plotly.
- Domain expertise with DFIR and cybersecurity.
We offer you
Aon offers a comprehensive package of benefits for full-time and regular part-time colleagues, including, but not limited to: a 401(k) savings plan with employer contributions; an employee stock purchase plan; medical, dental and vision insurance, various types of leaves of absence, paid time off, including sick days and vacation days, short-term disability and optional long-term disability, health savings account, health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts, employee and dependent life insurance and supplemental life and AD&D insurance; optional personal insurance policies, adoption assistance, tuition assistance, commuter benefits, and an employee assistance program that includes free counseling sessions. Eligibility for benefits are governed by the applicable plan documents and policies.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $140,000 annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant’s geographic location. This position is eligible to participate in one of Aon’s annual incentive plans. The amount of the incentive varies and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable incentive plan.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
More Part Time, Short Term Contract Jobs
Social Media Intern - Global, English Speaking
- Remote Position
- 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- Part Time
- 0 - 6 Months
Senior Django/Python Back End Developer - Virtual, Aon Cyber Solutions
Aon Cyber Solutions
- Remote Position
- 2 months, 1 week ago
- 0 - 6 Months